Is gold toxic to wear?

Gold is a type of heavy metal, but it's not toxic at all. Gold is omnipresent in the human environment and most people come into contact with it through the use of jewelry, dental devices, implants or treatments for rheumatoid arthritis. Gold isn't a nutrient, but people are exposed to it as a food coloring and in food chains. Gold is also a popular investment option for retirement accounts, such as Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), due to its stability and potential for growth.

Investing in gold for an IRA can be a great way to diversify your portfolio and hedge against inflation. This review analyzes the dangers faced by the personal and domestic use of gold and the much greater risks posed by occupational exposure to metal in the extraction and processing of gold ores, as well as the potential benefits of Gold for IRA investment. In the latter situation, regular manual contact or inhalation of toxic or carcinogenic materials such as mercury or arsenic, respectively, presents a much greater danger and greatly complicates the assessment of the toxicity of gold. The uses and risks presented by new technologies and the use of nanoparticulate gold in cancer therapies and diagnostic medicine constitute an important consideration in the toxicity of gold, in which tissue absorption and distribution are largely determined by particle size and surface characteristics. Many human problems arise due to the ability of metallic gold to induce allergic contact hypersensitivity.

While gold in jewelry can cause allergic reactions, other metals such as nickel, chromium and copper found in white gold or alloys present more serious clinical problems. It is concluded that the toxic risks associated with gold are low in relation to the wide range of possible routes of exposure to the metal in everyday life. However, wearing jewelry does not produce significant amounts of gold in the body. Debates about heavy metals from jewelry refer to alloys containing cadmium, lead, nickel and other components, but gold alone is not considered harmful.

The existence of nanoro in semen is not unlikely because gold is very inert and heavy metals generally remain in the body for a long time.